Here is a top-down view of both sides of the board! With Bryan's help, I decided to go with two tip122 semiconductors circuit with an Attiny85 as my microcontroller. I also purchased a 12v/5v rechargeable battery pack because I want to minimize any wires being on the outside of the project.
Even though this battery has a 5v output as well, I wanted to try to experiment with a voltage converter in the circuit, as I think this will become useful knowledge later on. Which I have marked in red here:
Using a Linear Voltage Circuit (MC7905c in this case) with two capacitors, one at 10ohms then other at 1ohms, which helps to minimize the noise created when stepping down the voltage out. I know that the MC7905c comes with a little heat sink but from everything I've read online it is said that they get very hot, which makes me wonder if I need an additional sink of some sort as this is going to inside of a wooden box with little to no ventilation?
The two other things that I've been doing this week is in regards to the fan part of the machine. First, what type of fan will it be? The two fans that I'm leaning towards are either similar to the one that is in my proof of concept or in the more traditional Japanese style. Although I think I like the look of the test version of a fan, it does not entirely fan out when the flat follower rises from the slide. Another tick in favor of the Japanese style fan is that I think I will be able to more easily mount the fan to the follower with one of the fan sticks. So I tried to figure out what that might look like:
I think I might go with the second one where the follower tapers off towards the end.
Until next week, Cheers!


No comments:
Post a Comment