Monday, March 30, 2020

Learning Processing - 1

We are doing optional classes for the remainder of the semester, in which we will be learning some basic Processing coding. Which will be helpful for Arduino going forward, so that's great!
Coding is definitely like learning another language (and there are so many coding languages on top of that!) which I have a hard time remembering what to do.

We went over creating shapes and lines. Colors with transparency added. As well as key presses. All of which I incorporated into the practice logo. I also enjoy using the random(); function as I think it adds visual interest to the ellipse.
I kept in mind the order placement functions in the setup and draw so I could create a layered effect of color-changing circles that reveal the hidden logo as they bounce around the canvas.
The viewer is able to stop the draw function at any time by the keypress 'r' which invokes a noloop, this way if the bouncing ellipse is too distracting they can focus on what has been randomly created just for them.
Please see my notes throughout the code for more information on what I created!


No comments:

Post a Comment