You may remember that I was creating a Pepper's Ghost optical illusion.
For a prototype, I was very pleased with how it turned out. The wires were a right mess and the sensor I used wasn't the best suited I think, but it still made me happy in the end.
I didn't like how I had made the cutouts too big for the sensor causing there to be big and have some of the light spills. Now I know that the laser cutter's bed can lower down to a deep distance I think I could get a more precise cut than with a drill bit.
I also would like to experiment with the set up completely. I would like to use a solid piece of glass or crystal for the viewing object. As well as seeing if I can switch the 45-degree angles to be coming from the projected surface into the glass which would now be a square surface. I made a mock-up in Tinkrcad on what I am thinking. I'm not sure it will work, but I think it would look so much neater if it does!
I still need to figure of if a laser cutter is good at cutting angles? That would make the plexiglass look niiiice haha. Hopefully after graduation I will still be able to have access to all the cool tool that we have in Madt!





No comments:
Post a Comment