Monday, February 3, 2020

Milestone 1 - Late Post

Just a quick update on what I did last week for the upcoming Milestone 1. The LED project that I came up with is a Pepper's Ghost optical illusion. Using this website as a jumping-off point: https://maker.pro/custom/projects/diy-hologram

The concept of the project is to create a display for an animal, chosen by me, that went extinct in 2019. I want the display unit to have a holographic feel to this as if the viewer is only getting the chance to see the animal in a futuristic museum setting. The LED will be embedded into the base which, will be the light source for the projection. The LEDs will be controlled by an ultrasonic sensor that will slowly light up as the viewer walks up to the piece.
 Here is a quick mock-up I made in Tinkrcad:


During this week I worked on the basic code for the LED lights which I converted from this site:
https://www.mousa-simple-projects.com/2015/09/distance-meter-with-6-leds-using.html



I was having issues getting it to work and it looks like there were two problems at hand.
1) Pins 2 & 3 did not seem to register with the sensor (this may be because my pin 3 is not working on the Arduino but I will have to test that after this project is done) so switching those to pins 6 & 7 was the first solution.
2) I had not added the 6 & 7 pinModes into the void setup as input and output so they were not being read from anyway.
After changing all that the LED would light with no issue!

Now on to this week!...

No comments:

Post a Comment